Kudi Bhagtasani, an area in the Jodhpur city of Rajasthan recently suffered and witnessed the crash of a fighter plane ‘MiG-27 Bahadur’ of the air force.
Date and timing of the take-off and the crash details:
- MiG-27 Bahadur took off from the Jodhpur Air Force Station as a training ride.
- The fighter plane took off its ride on Monday, June 13, 2016 in the morning hours at 11:08 AM IST.
- Merely after 22 minutes of riding in the air after the take-off of the fighter plane did the Mig-27 Bahadur crash at a distance of about 5 kilometres from the Jodhpur Air Force Station.
- The fighter plane crashed on Monday, June 13, 2016 in the morning hours at 11:30 AM IST.
Fighter plane details:
The fighter plane of the air force is named as MiG-27 Bahadur.
- The fighter plane has been revealed to have collided into a house in Mahaveer Nagar of the Jodhpur city and then later collided and collapsed into a car parked in the nearby area.
- After all the devastation, the fighter plane finally broke the wall of a house and crashed further inside.
- The devastation was further manifested by a fire that the fighter plane was caught into.
- The pilot of the fighter plane saved his life by opening up a parachute and thus rescuing himself.
- Air force has given orders for inquiry in the Court Of Inquiry.
Fire rescue time:
The fire that the MiG-27 Bahadur was caught into, was taken under control in about 30 minutes.
Suffering to the people and places:
The house into which the fighter plane entered, crashed and caught fire after had two children along with four adults residing in it. All these people merely saved their lives.
Fighter planes crashed in the past 10 years:
About 90 fighter planes in the previous decade have suffered crash and destruction thereafter.
- MiG-27 was caught into an accident on February 12, 2013 in Barmer.
- MiG-21 suffered a crash on June 7, 2013 in Barmer at Uttarlai Air Force Station.
- MiG-29 suffered destruction dated July 15, 2013 at Uttarlai Air Force Station.
- MiG-29 crashed in Jamnagar on November 8, 2013.
- Sukhoi crashed at Pokhran after its take-off on April 30, 2009.
- Sukhoi crashed at Jaisalmer after its take-off on November 30, 2009.
Video about this