Mock drills done to test the tightness, quickness of the security team and the Jaipur Police
To examine the security measures and the quick action plan and responses of the security team and agencies in case of terrorist attacks in the Jaipur city, two mock drills for judging the same were organised in the Jaipur city on Thursday, July 28, 2016.
First mock drill location:
The first and foremost mock drill of the terrorist attack was planned and enacted at the MGF Metropolitan Mall situated at the Sahkar Circle at Bais Godam in the Jaipur city.
The mall is brimming with people from morning till the night hours every day.
Second mock drill location:
The second location that was chosen and the mock drill took place there for a bomb implant by mythical terrorists was the Secretariat. There was seen to be a huge gap between the quick response, action and solving capacity between the two locations and their mock drills for defusing the pretended bomb implant.
Major loopholes found - Second mock drill enacted - Loopholes taken care of
MGF Metropolitan Mall mock drill enactment- A brief
- The security team and the security agency took a time as long as 70 minutes to reach the location of the bomb implant, to find the bomb and finally defuse it.
- It is being said that this was merely a mock drill, had it been a real bombing situation, the bomb would have exploded and would have caused destruction to the masses.
Secretariat mock drill enactment - A brief
- Taking a lesson from the mock drill at the MGF Metropolitan Mall, another mock drill was organised at the Secretariat.
- The mock drill of the bomb implant and defusing the same was on time and the team and its members were on their feet absolutely.
- The planning for organising the same was said to be impeccable.
- Within a 10 minute time period, the Secretariat was covered with the security team’s members and within a period of 30 minutes, the fictitious terrorist was caught.
MGF Metropolitan Mall - The fictitious bomb implant scenario
- At 12:30PM in the afternoon at the Sahkar Circle situated MGF Metropolitan Mall, there was an alert and report was filed at the control room of the police of a bomb implant being there in the parking of the mall in its basement.
- Within seconds on getting this information, the same transmitted over the wireless. The When the people inside the mall got to know of this information, people began to rush out of the mall.
- Police ordered the shops to be closed and shut down.
- Ashok Nagar Police Station police officers were the first ones to reach the spot of the incident.
- After the receipt of the alert information, the fire brigade, ambulance and the police officers reached the mall after a period of 30 minutes as they were stuck in the traffic jams on the city roads.
- On reaching the incident spot, the security team began to search for the bomb in the basement and finally found it under a car in a packet along with a wire.
- A member of the security team took the packet out by wearing bomb resistant gloves and with the help of a remote operated vehicle studied the bomb.
- Finally at 01:40 PM was the bomb defused.
Secretariat - The fictitious bomb implant scenario
- The loopholes that were found in the mock drill of the MGF Metropolitan Mall were worked upon in the mock drill of the Secretariat bomb implant.
- It was reported in the evening hours at 07:30 PM that the terrorists have captured over the Secretariat.
- To aid the security agency team to reach the Secretariat at the earliest, the concept of green corridor was created and worked upon.
- Earlier in the mock drill of the MGF Metropolitan Mall, even after repeated calls 3 times, the traffic jams in the city were not cleared. Hence, the creation of the green corridor concept led the security team to reach at the spot of the attack within a period of 10 minutes.
- All the 4 gates of the Secretariat were shut down. NSG along with ATS and the Jaipur Police Commission were successful in catching the fictitious terrorist.
- Meanwhile all this was going on, the employees inside the Secretariat were not allowed to leave the Secretariat.
- After the completion of the process, the gates of the Secretariat were opened to finally release the employees who were inside.
Some quick facts:
- It is a fact that the security vans and vehicles of the Jaipur Police Commission reach the site of incident/accident in an average of 27 minutes of time.
- When the Jaipur Police Commission was given new security vehicles, they had claimed to reach the site of the incident/accident within a period of 5 minutes.
- In the Parkota area of the Jaipur city, the security vans of the Jaipur Police Commission reach within a period of 16 minutes.
- In exterior areas of the city, the Jaipur Police Commission security reaches in about 35b minutes.
- The city of Hyderabad is also equipped with the facility of the Police Commission and there the security vans reach within 5 minutes.