Real museums are places where time is transformed into space.
Today is May 18, the International Museum Day!
Museums are said as the managers of consciousness. They give us an interpretation of history and are said to be treasure of rich cultural heritage.
Pink city Jaipur has been a centre of attraction for national and foreign tourists. Historical monuments and rich cultural heritage and traditions have been the pioneer of this hot tourist destination city.
Although there are some really artistic and heritage-oriented museums in Jaipur but they have not really find a place in the “Best Places to visit in Jaipur”. So let’s see how these museums can portray rich heritage of ancient times:
1. Albert Hall
- Famous for Persian carpet and Barahmaasa painting;
- In the Persian carpet brought in the era of King Jaisingh in 1632 AD, four gardens are weaved on the theme of Charbagh;
- Barahmaasa painting of Jodhpur that describes the weather of all months;
- Egyptian Mummy kept in the glass box was gifted to Jaipur for exhibition by Kayro, capital of the then Misr in the era of King Sawai Ishwari Singh;
- Genit-stone idol established in museum was brought in Gupt-Era from the banks of Ganga river of the then Banaras;
- Gold coins of Gupt-Era; Coins of two types – Dhanurdhar and Sinhl;
2. City Palace
- Famous for Gangajali and Atmasukh Dress;
- Golden water-pot which was used by King Sawai Madhosingh II in 1902 to take gangajal to London;
- Pashmina carpet displaying in museum was exhibited in Flower Under Foot Exhibition in The Metropolitan Museum of Art, USA;
- Atmasukh Dress clothed by King Sawai Madhosingh I in winters has been stitched in cotton in multi-colour in form of quilted dress;
- Painting of Queen of Jaipur on Deepawali is a special attraction;
3. Alice Garg National Seashell Museum
- Famously called “World of Seashells”;
- 150 kgs. Seashell “Giant Claim” is a special part of museum;
- “Glory of India”, a unique seashell obtained from Indian ocean;
- “Australian Trampet”, a seashell with a capacity of 5 litres water, used by tribes to store water.
4. Shri Sanjay Sharma Museum and Research Institute
- Famous for Smallest Gita book of the world and painting of Monalisa;
- Photographs of the lifestyle of Rajasthan in mid of 19th century;
- Silk, cotton and velvet Cloth Paintings of 18th and 19th centuries with a special painting of Monalisa;
- More than 1,25,000 deeds on 180 matters in 16 Indian and 3 foreign languages;
- Smallest Gita book which can be rolled in the size of 2mm pen drive.
5. Jaipur wax museum
- On the script of Madam Tusad Museum, unique museum under construction in Nahargarh;
- In the first phase, wax statues of Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajnikant and Gayatri Devi shall be placed;
- Museum to be designed in 3D;
- Play zone for kids where wax statues of cartoon characters shall be placed.
Some more museums in Jaipur:
- Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing
- Doll Museum
- Art Cottage and Museum
- SRC Museum of Indology
- BM Birla Auditorium
Through development of these museums and some additional activities to promote footfall in these museums, repeat tourism can be benefited which shall not only expand the tourism business of the state, but shall also help Jaipur to be called as “Hub of Culture; Hub of heritage”.